This one was created solely to sell toys (kind of like the Micronauts comics from the same period). They were based, loosely, on the popular Japanese robot cartoons of the time. I remember there being a great outrage when this (and the Micronauts) comics came out about them being nothing but marketing vehicles. My how times have changed! Every item aimed at kids these days is nothing but a marketing vehicle.
These are spotlighted items - not always 'old' because of when they were made but rather these are things that were posted awhile ago on this blog and have been 'archived' in the back.
All Non Public Domain files are to be used as previews. If you like something please go and buy it. If I have posted something that is copywrited and you want it removed just leave a email or comment. If a link is unwanted to your site just comment and it will be removed. I want to give a special thanks to all original scanners.~ Zen Tiger
3 comments:
This one was created solely to sell toys (kind of like the Micronauts comics from the same period). They were based, loosely, on the popular Japanese robot cartoons of the time. I remember there being a great outrage when this (and the Micronauts) comics came out about them being nothing but marketing vehicles. My how times have changed! Every item aimed at kids these days is nothing but a marketing vehicle.
http://cool-mo-dee.blogspot.com/
See if any of these ring a bell
http://plaidstallions.blogspot.com/2007/04/machinder-monday.html
http://www.wildtoys.com/Shogun/shoguns!.jpg
There was also a Godzilla on the same scale. I had a couple of these guys. Some of the toys were based on the anime Force Five shown in the US.
I actually had a couple Shogun Warriors which ended up in the hands of my younger brother. great memories!
Post a Comment