Here's Famous Crimes #3. Sorry No Date Or Publisher Info On This One, But I Do Have To Say That The Pages Or Out Of Order And Most Likely Incomplete But It Looked Pretty Cool I Just Wish I Had Caught That Before I uploaded It. Anyway Im Sure It Can Still Be Enjoyed If The Pages Sequence Can Be Figured Out.






5 comments:
This is issue #3, October 1948, published by Fox Feature Syndicate.
Actually, the pages aren't out of order, but the inside front cover (where page 1 of the first story started) is missing.
Drew, spot on. This is from that Almanac of Crime Dave posted that bound various coverless Fox comics together. The guy who posted that at GAC also posted the individual issues with covers snagged from the net. The issues are
Jo-Jo #20
Western Thrillers #2
Phantom Lady #19
Famous Crimes #3
so that Jo JO #20 will also be coverless...
and here is Dave's Almanac post... oh crap, it doesn't have a title so I can't link to it but it's on Sunday's posts, I think.
I actually posted a total of three fox giants; which all have the missing cover/ first page problem on the individual issues. It's still a nice big run of Fox books for not that much money on my end, so well worth it, I think.
OtherEric
for those not familiar with Fox books, the stories alway started on the inside front cover, and the books were frequently re-published later (sometimes re-bound, sometimes reprinted) WITHOUT THE 1ST PAGE of the story. Strange but true.
Awesome job, OtherEric, bringing these to the public eye.
-builderboy
Hey Othereric and builderboy! Nice to see you on Cyclops!
Yep, it's good to get what we can when we can, so thanks Eric for those Fox Giants.
I admit I lost track of what you were posting Eric. I will have to sit down and figure it out, what I have in your Giant scans vs. what I have in your individual postings.
Post a Comment