Tuesday, March 16, 2010

What do you think of comic remixes?

Just curious of peoples thoughts on comic remixes. Remixes are a new term that's used when original and reprinted stories are joined together to recreate a faux original issue. Each of these issues have been lovingly researched and collected from multiple sources . Sometimes only a cover of a original has been scanned other times maybe only certain stories were scanned. In all cases there wasn't a full original or the quality was so bad that a 'remix' was needed. (as most know the golden age stories were hardly ever reprinted in full but rather individual stories were taken from only a number of specific titles and issues)

Remixes are created by fellow fans both scanners and collectors.

OK the good reasons are obvious to me and should be to most folks - but there are some drawbacks. almost always the ads are missing. also quality can very from story to story depending on the original sources. another consideration is that sometimes reprinted stories have been edited by the publisher.

Now even with a few faults I still grab remixes whenever i come across them - and I give a big shout of thanks for such time consuming endeavors by fellow fans to bring us all these ultra rare comics.

SO what do you think of Remixes? Should i mention that they are remixes when i post them? does it even matter to you at all because a great book is good anyway we can get 'em? - speak your mind


and as always i want to say thanks to all scanners who make these digital dreams available to us - your time is well spent !!

an example of remixes can be found on the DC western Johnny Thunder HERE

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It doesn't bother me. Scans are fer readin!

Runs.with.Ferals said...

it's all good zen

the seekers will sort it out

Richard said...

Yup, I agree. Remixes are fine.

Anonymous said...

I'm cool with remixes (and have been forced to cobble together a few myself), but request that you label them as such so people can decide before tying up bandwidth on something they might not want.

Shamus said...

Remixes are cool, but I think it's good to identify them for 'historical' reference.

Anonymous said...

I'm fine with remixes, but as you've already stated, the quality within a remix can vary. I say post 'em, but please label them as 'remixes'. This means if people don't care, then that's fine, but if you don't like remixes (due to maybe wasting bandwidth on a poor scan/remix) then the choice becomes yours.

Zen Tiger said...

Thanks for the the input folks- it does help me out.

Anonymous said...

there is only c2c or that which is not

Old piles of good sh... stuff

These are spotlighted items - not always 'old' because of when they were made but rather these are things that were posted awhile ago on this blog and have been 'archived' in the back.














I hope you enjoy the site!

I hope you enjoy the site!
All Non Public Domain files are to be used as previews. If you like something please go and buy it. If I have posted something that is copywrited and you want it removed just leave a email or comment. If a link is unwanted to your site just comment and it will be removed. I want to give a special thanks to all original scanners.~ Zen Tiger