Monday, March 15, 2010

Comic: Captain Action

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Comic adaptation based on a toy.
1968
#1-5 download
zenjoy

3 comments:

Trinity Moses said...

First comic book adaptation to be based on a toy? No, Dell published a Barbie comic in 1962, and DC tried out G.I. Joe in two issues of SHOWCASE in 1964. Dell had also published a long-running Raggedy Ann series, but that has to be called an adaptation of the Johnny Gruelle books rather than of the doll.

Anyway, if not historic, the Captain Action comic does have some nice work by Gil Kane.

Zen Tiger said...

Trinity, I thought it might not be but the blurb where i got it claimed it was. Sheesh i think i posted some Barbie.. the joys of short term memory loss :)

vilstef said...

The first issue has some nice art by Wally Wood-and I think the only time Wally drew Superman for a mainstream comic.

Old piles of good sh... stuff

These are spotlighted items - not always 'old' because of when they were made but rather these are things that were posted awhile ago on this blog and have been 'archived' in the back.














I hope you enjoy the site!

I hope you enjoy the site!
All Non Public Domain files are to be used as previews. If you like something please go and buy it. If I have posted something that is copywrited and you want it removed just leave a email or comment. If a link is unwanted to your site just comment and it will be removed. I want to give a special thanks to all original scanners.~ Zen Tiger