Thursday, February 25, 2010

Comic: Black Magic (Prize)

Found a missing issue
DOWNLOAD at rs
or

v8 #2 download
zenjoy

1 comment:

Mark said...

I quite liked this one. Galindo illustrates the classic theme of greedy men trying to steal the wealth of a recluse. Ayers has two stories, Ditko and Bob Powell each have one.

The GCD says the Powell story is a swipe from EC's Weird Fantasy #22. Mine aren't handy right now to check.

The basic plot of one of Ayer's stories "The Living Proof" was used again a mere three issues later in a Ted Galindo story "A Cry For Help".

The other Ayers story is "Maid of Iron" about a farmer who hires a circus sideshow robot to work for him. I know I've read this story before but I've never read this issue before. It's not from an earlier issue, it's not in the DC reprints. Anyone know if this appeared elsewhere, maybe in one of the other Kirby books through the years? Or was it swiped, either before or after this appearance?

Old piles of good sh... stuff

These are spotlighted items - not always 'old' because of when they were made but rather these are things that were posted awhile ago on this blog and have been 'archived' in the back.














I hope you enjoy the site!

I hope you enjoy the site!
All Non Public Domain files are to be used as previews. If you like something please go and buy it. If I have posted something that is copywrited and you want it removed just leave a email or comment. If a link is unwanted to your site just comment and it will be removed. I want to give a special thanks to all original scanners.~ Zen Tiger