Here's a great collection of Shadow material.

Info from Scott (who sent this great share in)
In the zip file are 3 folders:
Shadow Pulps: This is the main set of high quality formatted, spellchecked and grammar fixes for the original 325 Shadow novels. They are in Notepad format and look beautiful. There are some extra novels added in that were written later so there are about 330 in here. There are some duplicates that I picked up. You'll notice them from the way they are labelled. Not sure how they are different since it's been a while. There is also a file marked "Shadow changes" and you can see how painstaking these novels were corrected and formatted to make a true high quality archive and what was changed from the originals. As I recall, some things were fixed spelling wise, such as the word "Tonight". Back in the 30s it was spelled "To-night." So they updated some of those things.
Shadow Pulps - PDF: There are 22 of the Shadow pulps that were formatted in PDF format with the original spot art and cover to make it look more like the original pulps. They did a great job on these as well!
Shadow Radio Scripts: As a bonus, I attached a folder with five radio scripts in Notepad format as well.

Info from Scott (who sent this great share in)
In the zip file are 3 folders:
Shadow Pulps: This is the main set of high quality formatted, spellchecked and grammar fixes for the original 325 Shadow novels. They are in Notepad format and look beautiful. There are some extra novels added in that were written later so there are about 330 in here. There are some duplicates that I picked up. You'll notice them from the way they are labelled. Not sure how they are different since it's been a while. There is also a file marked "Shadow changes" and you can see how painstaking these novels were corrected and formatted to make a true high quality archive and what was changed from the originals. As I recall, some things were fixed spelling wise, such as the word "Tonight". Back in the 30s it was spelled "To-night." So they updated some of those things.
Shadow Pulps - PDF: There are 22 of the Shadow pulps that were formatted in PDF format with the original spot art and cover to make it look more like the original pulps. They did a great job on these as well!
Shadow Radio Scripts: As a bonus, I attached a folder with five radio scripts in Notepad format as well.





6 comments:
¡ Excellent !
Many many thanks, Scott, to all for the work involved.
Greetings.
Thanks Scott and Zen for this amazing post. I never even imagined such a thing existed. Dare I hope for similar projects for Doc Savage and The Spider?
Thanks! Glad you liked them. They were sitting on CD's for like 9 years with a bunch of other Shadow stuff and I moved them to an external hard drive recently and remembered them so I thought I'd share them. There were quite a few great Shadow sites that had really cool stuff back in the late 90's but all got closed down by the lawyers so I was glad I got what I could when I could.
Back in '98-2000 when I was going to all these sites, I do remember seeing some links to Doc Savage sites but never went there since I wasn't a big Savage fan. I doubt there are any out there now anyway since they are being reprinted by a company now so I'm sure the lawyers would have pulled all these off as well.
Hi Scott,Yeah, some IP rights holders don't realize that no one is going to try a $15 book concerning a 1930s action hero without some idea of what it's about.
Random House has a good thing going at Scribd.com with a free Conan book and some free Charlie Huston modern ultra-violent existential noir books.
I have all but one or two of the Doc Savage paperbacks. The text file would just be convenient. Re: The Shadow I have maybe 30 or 40 paperbacks. Re: The Spider I have reprints going back to the 1980s I think, maybe 40 or so stories total. I have missed some of the recent reprints of Shadow and Spider because of this wonderful economy.
Zen, would you like me to write a post about modern pulp reprints? It would look a bit long in the comments (like that ever stops me) but I'm afraid interested people might not see it here. Especially without the post headings on the front page comments section anymore.
Actually I do buy the monthly reprints of the Shadow as well since they are done so well. I wish they had printed them in order though. These files were what got my into the pulps of him till I could track down the actual books. Gibson was a great writer!
In my personal collection I have a complete mint set of unread Shadow paperbacks from Pyramid with all the Steranko covers. That's a high point to my Shadow collection. And I have a full set of comics for the Shadow. Only missing a few from the early days.
Thank you very much!
Post a Comment