From 1933 we have the poster for one of Disney's early hoopla events - the Burbank Air Field Air Races. Fun retro ephemera.

I am rather fond of this poster . A couple years back I did a poster size rendition of it. Unfortunetly I can't find the original pics of the color version but I do still have the preliminary graphite version . It was way too large to try and scan so I had to photograph it and the digital camera I used didn't have the greatest resolution or the best lighting . I wish I still had the originals so I could at least re photograph them for my portfolio - oh well ,live and learn. :) I know it's a bit of shameless self promotion (Honestly If it was only that I'd have posted some 'better' works of mine) I thought it might be cool for some to see the comparison to the original.
enjoy






No comments:
Post a Comment