Great scan of a fun issue, Dave,with a nice mix of stories.
Check out that first panel in The Skeleton - is that a photo background or a painted background? It doesn't look like pen and ink.
The Blackness of Evil was my favorite, I loved the art and the story.
In Dead Witch what the hell was that bat-like thing with the huge wing span and the long rat tail that was chomping on the babe's eyeball?
I don't think the artist used photo reference of a bat on that, more likely he recalled a nightmare.And while it's not accurately drawn I'm still thinking about it so it was effective.
Blood Bath was unimpressive (but totally insane!) and since it referenced LSD it must have been a new story written for that issue. I don't think they had very many new stories at all at Eerie Pubs.
These are spotlighted items - not always 'old' because of when they were made but rather these are things that were posted awhile ago on this blog and have been 'archived' in the back.
All Non Public Domain files are to be used as previews. If you like something please go and buy it. If I have posted something that is copywrited and you want it removed just leave a email or comment. If a link is unwanted to your site just comment and it will be removed. I want to give a special thanks to all original scanners.~ Zen Tiger
1 comment:
Great scan of a fun issue, Dave,with a nice mix of stories.
Check out that first panel in The Skeleton - is that a photo background or a painted background? It doesn't look like pen and ink.
The Blackness of Evil was my favorite, I loved the art and the story.
In Dead Witch what the hell was that bat-like thing with the huge wing span and the long rat tail that was chomping on the babe's eyeball?
I don't think the artist used photo reference of a bat on that, more likely he recalled a nightmare.And while it's not accurately drawn I'm still thinking about it so it was effective.
Blood Bath was unimpressive (but totally insane!) and since it referenced LSD it must have been a new story written for that issue. I don't think they had very many new stories at all at Eerie Pubs.
Thanks Dave!
Post a Comment