another missing issue !

# 28 download at megaupload
or
download at sharebee
this is a Pmack scan
thanks to Mark for sharing this one.
enjoy

# 28 download at megaupload
or
download at sharebee
this is a Pmack scan
thanks to Mark for sharing this one.
enjoy





7 comments:
this is a prime example of why I love you. read about these in an early issue of fangoria and the occassional cover in the overstreet price guide. if they were expensive then(80? 82?), I could only imagine what they cost now in the online "EVERYTHING is a collectible" era.
so I figured I'd -never- be able to read them. and this issue is...awesome! I was really surprised, the story was adult in that pre-code kind of way(death to animals and kids in peril) and I was in suspense at several points and saddened by it. I cannot wait to read the rest.
thank you for making a childhood curiousity and collector hope-fancy "one day if I am a gazillionaire" become reality.
Scott i posted a bunch of others from this series - check the frankenstein label - they are in there somewhere. ENjoy!
just a heads up- theres also a bunch of this character in some Prize Comics thats been posted
oh yeah, I used the "Frankenstein" tag and got a bunch more and will get the issues of Prize Comics later.
thanks!
also very happy to find(missed the first time I plundered your site) the Dell Frankensteins! which I like for very different reasons.
Fantastic! Thank you again! Love Briefer's Frankenstein comics, whether they're the serious or comedic ones. (Don't you love the transitional stories, in which Frankie turns over a new leaf, and the authorities--unable to imprison or kill him--give him free reign to buy a house in spite of the murders he's committed?)
There's a hardcover collection of Briefer's Frankie comics available for pre-order from Amazon; it's due out in August but I have no idea if it's complete or not. 148pg, $14.84 pre-order price.
Zen, I forgot to ask that you state in the post this is a Pmack scan posted with permission. Too many people take scanners for granted and I really regret my omission. See the Thing 03 post comments also, same request from me.
Tog, at 148 pages that hardcover barely scratches the surface of Briefer's Franky Stories. Figure 33 issues with at least 22 pages of Frank in each issue and you're over 726 pages already. Plus the 8 page stories in Prize Comics for about 60 issues for another 480 pages. So that would mean with covers well over 1200 pages of art. I don't know if the Frank title was reprinting any of the Prize comics stories but still, that's a lot of comics. Definitely deserving of an Archives type project.
Post a Comment