Due to several circumstances I will not be updating this blog in the forseeable future. Gone forever? not sure....
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Comic: Schiff's shoes presents Freddy
Features a ton of characters Freddy,Wyatt Earp,Timmy the timid ghost,atomic mouse and more. Blue Bird edition #15 download
zenjoy
4 comments:
Mark
said...
This is number 15 of the Freddy comics by Blue Bird.
Blue Bird was a Charlton imprint printed as a promotional comic for shoe stores. Numerous shoe stores co-brandings (exist?) for each issue. (This is quoting from the GCD site. The original is in incomplete sentences, so I guessed what they meant.)
http://www.comics.org/imprint/2026/
They had at least 91 different issues total of 14 different titles according to the GCD.
When I saw the Charlton characters on the cover I almost closed my browser. But I stood tall, and told myself "Must use...all my strength...(gasp)...to do...research!"
I remember when I got my PF Flyers as a kid I got a free comic book. Buster Brown I think. We even went back to the store when they forgot to give me a comic one time!
These are spotlighted items - not always 'old' because of when they were made but rather these are things that were posted awhile ago on this blog and have been 'archived' in the back.
All Non Public Domain files are to be used as previews. If you like something please go and buy it. If I have posted something that is copywrited and you want it removed just leave a email or comment. If a link is unwanted to your site just comment and it will be removed. I want to give a special thanks to all original scanners.~ Zen Tiger
4 comments:
This is number 15 of the Freddy comics by Blue Bird.
Blue Bird was a Charlton imprint printed as a promotional comic for shoe stores. Numerous shoe stores co-brandings (exist?) for each issue. (This is quoting from the GCD site. The original is in incomplete sentences, so I guessed what they meant.)
http://www.comics.org/imprint/2026/
They had at least 91 different issues total of 14 different titles according to the GCD.
thanks for the info, i was lost on this one - especially once i knew it was Charlton I knew it would be something weird :)
When I saw the Charlton characters on the cover I almost closed my browser. But I stood tall, and told myself "Must use...all my strength...(gasp)...to do...research!"
I remember when I got my PF Flyers as a kid I got a free comic book. Buster Brown I think. We even went back to the store when they forgot to give me a comic one time!
sounds like something i would have done - wow havent seen a buster brown in my area in a long time. Ahh the childhood memories are flooding back. :)
Post a Comment