
Marijuana (1968) is a short film that is hosted by Sonny Bono who does a lot of preaching and signify about how marijuana is illegal and you kids shouldn't try it.
This is interesting considering Mr. Bono looks like he smoked a few bowls before appearing in front of the camera.
Director: Max Miller
Producer: Max Miller
Production Company: Avanti Films
Run time: 34 min.
download options
avi (Divx) Marijuana_1968.avi
or
mp4 - Marijuana_1968_512kb.mp4
or
ogv - Marijuana_1968.ogv
thanks to the Internet Archive for this one.
Enjoy
a special shout out to 1969 vintage orange sunshine for pointing this one out





4 comments:
aa meetings made me drink more, Im sure these clips will make me want more weed.sonny bono must of smoked some pot in his day
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YUEX0CP7
a link of interest that expires in a while. Dope On Dope And Dope Doops by Hevy Gunz, a very rare album. ZT will probably be adding it to the blog's Drugs section with a different link but in case he doesn't, get it while it's there. A definitely different POV than Sonny Bono's.
I don't think I'd bet Sonny never smoked pot even once in his life but I think it's possible. I don't remember a link but if you google around I think you should be able to find the story behind the film. My recollection is that it was Bono's idea and he was serious. The nature and logic of the film gave a preview of what to expect from him in Congress though I don't think anyone in 1968 even imagined the possibility. I certainly didn't.
I think they showed this film to my class in high school.
Rick, I saw this in high school when it was new. I was part of a group of students who the h.s. administration had preview it and rate whether the school should show it to the whole student body as drug education. Don't recall if it was shown to everyone or not but think some other drug ed film was picked instead or the school had someone give a talk instead of showing a film.
Definitely remember "LSD:Insight or Insanity?" was shown to the whole student body my senior year. That would make a nice addition to the Basement storehouse of treasures.
Post a Comment