And Now From Charlton Here's Ghost Manor series 2 Issues 1-77.
Ghost Manor Second Series 1971-1984
Vol 1 #1 October 1971 through #2 December 1971
Vol 2 #3 February 1972 through #8 November 1972
Vol 3 #9 February 1973 through #16 December 1973
Vol 4 #17 January 1974 through #21 November 1974
Vol 5 #22 February 1975 through #25 November 1975
Vol 6 #27 January 1976 through #32 December 1976
Vol 7 #33 September 1977 through #34 November 1977
Vol 8 #35 Febuary 1978 through #40 December 1978
reprints start with #41
As to contents, lots of Ditko throughout, Wood in #8,Newton(Batman) and Zeck(Punisher)in the 20s.
In #21 Ditko drew Blue Beetle and Capt. Atom in a couple of backgrounds.
Ghost Manor S2 Issues 1-17 rar

Ghost Manor Second Series 1971-1984
Vol 1 #1 October 1971 through #2 December 1971
Vol 2 #3 February 1972 through #8 November 1972
Vol 3 #9 February 1973 through #16 December 1973
Vol 4 #17 January 1974 through #21 November 1974
Vol 5 #22 February 1975 through #25 November 1975
Vol 6 #27 January 1976 through #32 December 1976
Vol 7 #33 September 1977 through #34 November 1977
Vol 8 #35 Febuary 1978 through #40 December 1978
reprints start with #41
As to contents, lots of Ditko throughout, Wood in #8,Newton(Batman) and Zeck(Punisher)in the 20s.
In #21 Ditko drew Blue Beetle and Capt. Atom in a couple of backgrounds.
Ghost Manor S2 Issues 1-17 rar
(note#18 in the bundle above is actualy from series 1 - get series2 #18 here #18 S2 download thanks to richard for this fill in)

A special thanks to Mark for doing the info research on the vol #s .
ENJOY!





16 comments:
Than you very, veeeerrry much for this, my friend!!!
Hello Anonymous, you are veeeeerrry welcome, my friend! glad you like!!
Amazing collection. Thanks. I've always loved all the old Charlton horror comics. They remind me of my childhood, I guess, when comics were affordable entertainment. Still have some of my old collection but it's nice to be able to read all the ones I missed out on, too. Thanks for posting these! Love your website.
Hi Dave, well you threw me a doozy with this post. I couldn't figure out why my previously downloaded Vol 2 Ghost Manor comics didn't match up with these. See my comment on the Ghost Manor 1-9 post.
So short story shorter, this is the second series of Ghost Manor, which started over with a new vol 1 #1 in
October 1971.
Big thanks to the original scanner(s) and uploader(s). Definitely a big undertaking.
They knew it was the Second Series of Ghost Manor but apparently they did not read the fine print to see that Charlton actually changed the volume numbers every year. I think it was a postal regulation and I think Marvel had some trouble with that around the same time, so maybe Charlton decided to go where few comic publishers had gone before and actually change volume numbers.
So here is the info for people trying to figure out what they might already have. Each cbr file here is named (v2)
#whatever. But if they have the info below they can figure it out.
I feel somewhat stupid after realizing the Overstreet Guide probably has all this info in it! But I just moved and my decade old copy is still in a box somewhere.
Ghost Manor Second Series 1971-1984
Vol 1 #1 October 1971 through #2 December 1971
Vol 2 #3 February 1972 through #8 November 1972
Vol 3 #9 February 1973 through #16 December 1973
Vol 4 #17 January 1974 through #21 November 1974
Vol 5 #22 February 1975 through #25 November 1975
Vol 6 #27 January 1976 through #32 December 1976
Vol 7 #33 September 1977 through #34 November 1977
Vol 8 #35 Febuary 1978 through #40 December 1978
That's where I stopped because it had turned into an all reprint comic by #40.
I also found out that the Ghost Manor #18 in this post is really the Vol 3 1971 comic. So what's needed is a Vol 4 #18 1974 scan.
As to contents, lots of Ditko throughout, Wood in #8,Newton(Batman) and Zeck(Punisher)in the 20s.
In #21 Ditko drew Blue Beetle and Capt. Atom in a couple of backgrounds.
thanks Dave
Hello Mark, sorry abaout the doozy but im afarid i ahve anothe one coming up that maybe you can help me figure out. i just uploaded Strange Mysteries 15 and 16 and anaother comic by the same title and issue #15 but they both have different covers and stories,go figure huh? the 1st #15 in the same rar as 16 i may have already posted here before but the 2nd one is addtional. it's getting to where i cant seem to remember what i've added here and what i have'nt yet. these should be on the site by sometime tommorow night if not sooner. just thought i would give you a heads up befote i post them. thanks again for the investigative work you do.
Hi Dave, a complex post where I learn something is always good.
Regarding the Strange Mysteries comics, the GCD at comics.org will help you out.
Strange Mysteries #1-21 was published by Superior Comics in Canada from 1951 to 1955. That #15 (1954)cover has a damsel in distress with a huge skull behind her. This appears to be the series you posted before, based on the cover in the post- I haven't dl'd yet.
Strange Mysteries #9-12,15-18 were published by IW/Super Comics from 1958 to 1964. There was no #13 or #14.
This #15 was published in 1964 and shows a Mayan statue coming to life. All stories inside were reprinted from Dark Mysteries #23 1955 from Master Comics. All the IW/Super comics I have run across have been reprints.
I hope that helps. Talk to ya later.
Hi Guys,
Thanks for all the great comics!
I'm looking for v2 Ghost Manor #18.
This is the cover:
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/5707/gmb18.jpg
Any help?
Hi Richard, yeah, that's the issue that's missing from this batch, probably because there are two Ghost Manor comics numbered #18, one in 1971 and one in 1974.
The one you want should actually be printed as Vol. 4 #18 1974 in the comic, (if it follows the numbering system in this run) but most people incorrectly call it Vol. 2. I suggest calling it Ghost Manor (Second Series) but sticking with the 1974 date for ID is probably the safest means to ID it. I haven't seen it anywhere.
The GCD lists three stories all written by Joe Gill. A Lonely Place by Ditko and The Death Mask by Sanho Kim are not listed as being reprinted anywhere. The Empty Room drawn by Don Newton was reprinted in Beyond the Grave #17.
Cyclops has that issue here
http://cosseyedcyclops.blogspot.com/2009/12/heres-another-issue-of-charltons-beyond.html
Much obliged for the Ghost Manor info, Mark. Number 18 is the only issue I'm missing for that series.
Can't find it anywhere. I've checked here, comicsworld, demonoid, some Usenet groups and a few other locations-no luck!
I'm slowly but surely completing my horror comics collection. Maybe someday...
Regards
These are awesome, thanks! Thanks to Mark too for the info. Never had a chance to pick up a lot of the Charlton horror stuff when I was a pup.
FYI this link is dead at the moment:
Ghost Manor S2 Issue 44-57 rar
Thanks for the thanks! Sometimes I wonder if anyone besides Zen and Dave read and appreciate my info outbursts. And then someone says thanks!
Hey Mark, my friend i just want to say on behalf of Zen (i'm sure)and myself your info is priceless!! hope you will continue to keep us all informed. thanks all you have added here bud.
From an "audience" standpoint.. ive always appreciated the info burtsts , so thank you mark , dave , zen , and all who do post a little info on what were contemplating downloading......
nice to know whats in the box when we open it ya know.. suprise is great , butinfo turns it into anticipation... like being a kid a x-mas again....
thanks for these and thanks for the detective work too.
fyi, right now this link is dead:
Ghost Manor S2 Issue 44-57 rar
Anonymous, thanks for the heads up my friend. i still have a lot of stuff yet to post but i will get to re-upping these sometime between now and Sunday. happy 4th of July!
What a pity, all s2 links dead!
Post a Comment